The German government through GIZ supports Albania by improving the capacity and performance of young people in the field of entrepreneurship related to agriculture, through the SDR Albania project, implemented by the ADRIAPOL Institute.
On July 26th, 2020, the final event of the Agro Challenge business idea competition took place.
During this event, 11 startups were introduced.
The aim of this project was to support entrepreneurs in the field of agriculture and to create the necessary entrepreneurial network for them in order to expand their business.
For this reason, the jury consisted of entrepreneurs, academics and personalities of the startup ecosystem.
Part of the jury that assessed these startups were:
– Mr. Ardian Leka, entrepreneur, Albanian Diaspora Business Chamber
– Mr. Alban Zusi, entrepreneur, Food Industry
– Mr. Dritan Mezini, entrepreneur, duapune.com
– Mr. Gerion Treska, entrepreneur, Yunus Social Business
– Dr. Kejda Nuhu, lecturer, Barleti University
Startups that will represent Albania in the Global Agripreneurs Summit will be held in October 2020 in Greece, where they compete for 20,000 euros.
The winning startups of this event were:
– Alpine Bees;
– Highland Essential oils